Tuesday 31 May 2011

Tring Reseviors

COLLEGE LAKE
Today i woke up at 7am to go to Tring Reservoirs my mum dropped me off at college lake and I stayed there for a while. I traveled first to the octagon hide which is on the right. After a while I left and went back to the center. When I was about to leave the center I realised it had started to hail. I decided to run to the closest hide to the center which was very close. I started to die down after maybe 10-15 mins. I left to go to the castle hide. When I got in there were already a few people looking out of the hide and had seen two kingfishers next to each other.  After waiting 15 mins nothing came and I decided to leave. After that I went to the other hide which is quite close to it. From there, there was not much to be seen but at one point a warbler flew up which I identified to be a Willow Warbler but another person thought it was a Chiffchaff so I left it off my day list. On my way back to the center I decided to have one more look for the kingfishers unfortunately they were still no were to be seen.
MARSWORTH & STRATOP'S END RESERVOIR
After College Lake I cycled to marsworth and Stratop's end Reservoir were I saw a Red crested pochard no more than 2-3 meters away from me I was able to obtain some good footage.
 A Red Crested Pochard.
I locked up my bike and left to go to Wilstone Reservoir.
WILSTONE RESERVOIR
At Wilstone Reservoir I looked for a Cuckoo but was unable to find one instead I found other birds such as a Chiffchaff and a Oystercatcher which I was surprised to see as they are usually at College Lake I also saw some at College Lake but it is nice to see them at Wilstone. I was also able to film to Oystercatcher.
My Day List. ( any bird with this ✔ is a tick for me)
  • Tufted Duck
  • Mallard
  • Swift
  • House Martin
  • Sand Martin
  • Oystercatcher
  • Coot
  • Lapwing
  • Redshank
  • Canada Geese
  • Mute Swan
  • Common Tern
  • Reed Bunting
  • Blackbird
  • Woodpigeon
  • Moorhen
  • Reed Warbler ✔
  • Little Ringed Plover ✔
  • Ringed Plover
  • Magpie
  • Robin
  • Chaffinch
  • Great Tit
  • Blue Tit
  • Jay
  • Carrion Crow
  • Swallow
  • Long-Tailed Tit
  • Cormarant
  • Hobby
  • Feral Pigeon
  • Red Crested Pochard
  • Greenfinch
  • Graylag Geese
  • Jackdaw
  • Grey Heron
  • Chiffchaff
  • Pochard
  • Great Crested Grebe
  • Gadwall
  • Little Egret
  • Wigeon
That is 42 Species a Tring record for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment