Friday 17 August 2012

Germany

Germany like the Isle of Sheppey turned up more then I expected. On the first day we went out we went to a woods which was near by were we saw Treecreepers, Nuthatches, MIDDLE SPOTTED WOODPECKER, CRESTED TITS and even a  SHORT-TOED TREECREEPER. The next surprise on the trip was a walk to bachholz which is a church in the village on the way we passed field and my brother managed to find 2 RED- BACKED SHRIKES and after I found another one which made it three one of which was a male. Later on the walk I also heard a prob. Cirl Bunting. Later on in the week I went with my brother to the altenburg hutte which was perfect for migrating raptors and storks by the end we saw 1 BLACK STORK. By the end of the week me and my brother set off with our bikes to a nature reserve. It was the first place we had seen that week which had water on mud for waders. We did see a Wood Sandpiper but more importantly we saw a OSPREY flying almost next to the hide.

Black Redstart which there were plenty of

Pale Morph Buzzard

And now I'm off to the Isle of Wight.

No comments:

Post a Comment