Friday 21 December 2012

Great White Egret in Chenies

Today me and my brother decided to head off for the Great White Egret in Chenies. We left around midday and arrived about half an hour later in Chenies. When we arrived I looked down from where we had been told to look from. As I looked down I saw a large white bird flap its wings. I showed my brother and we soon identified it as a GREAT WHITE EGRET! We cycled to a different viewing point so as to see it more clearly. When we looked over it was beginning to walk toward a bridge which was very close by. We walk over there and had a good look at it.


Great White Egret

We then moved on towards the cress beds where my brother located a Water Rail and a Green Sandpiper. On the way we saw a flock of 9 Siskin. After that we headed back for our bikes and had another view of the Great White Egret.

Great White Egret in flight

No comments:

Post a Comment