Friday 31 May 2013

Leaving Day

It was my last day down in Cornwall and I had already had amazing birds like Pomarine Skua, Garganey and even Cirl Buntings and to finish the trip off I made one last visit to Lizard with my brother. Again we had to get up about 5:30 in the morning and there had been a huge party the night before in the flat so I hadn't properly gone to sleep until about 3 in the morning. When I woke up I felt a very ruff and a little homicidal toward the people who had been bashing on the door until 3 o'clock in the morning and not letting me sleep, but otherwise I was ready for the day. I almost fell asleep at the sea watch but I still managed to have a good look at my brothers very probable ARCTIC SKUA before me losing the bird again, luckily he had taken notes already so me losing the bird wasn't the end of the world. We also got the usual sea bird species along with good flight views of two Choughs again. This time they came very nice and close and fed right infront of me unfortunately with there backs facing me for 90% of the time.

Male House Sparrow

Chough

Great Tit

Female House Sparrow

I have been writing my posts up quite frequently so if you missed my last post about Cirl Buntings and a Garganey click HERE.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant photos Ephraim!!! Really liked the one of the Rock Pipit, female House Sparrow and the Fulmar. Well they were all great! Would have been nice to get a thank you in your post for accommodation, cooking and showing you Cirls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic photos Ephraim despite the lack of sleep.
    Mum

    ReplyDelete