Monday 14 July 2014

Pitstone, Corn Bunting

Last year, when I first bumped into the Corn Buntings at Pitstone, I vowed to myself that I would take on the opportunity to photograph them, and express their true beauty amongst the fields of corn, which provide a perfect back drop. So in the winter of 2013 I set up a project of my own. Unfortunately it failed dismally, I only managed to get one possible record of one fly over Corn Bunting in 5 trips! Then last week, I went to Ivinghoe to see the Dark Green Fritillaries, along with the butterflies I also saw that the Corn Buntings had returned. So now I have relaunched the project and I hope to photograph them in the next few weeks. Tonight I took a tester to see how well I could do, the light was fading and had been extinguished by the clouds, but the Corn Buntings didn't fail to show. The views weren't anything special, but the birds were.



No comments:

Post a Comment